Going Sober for a Month?
Thinking about having an alcohol free year?
The thought for many drinkers going alcohol free for a month may seem seriously daunting and rightly so because it’s a BIG GIG to commit to. Some people see an alcohol free New Years Eve as a personal goal or having an alcohol free month as a positive step in the right direction. Whatever you decide, remember even going sober for a month is incredible not just for your liver but your emotional wellbeing too!
There are so many benefits of staying sober for a period of time and here are just some of them:
- More money in the bank, a good night out (or in) costs quite a lot these days, so over just one month, you will be surprised how much you save. The money saved from buying alcohol can be used elsewhere, such as on a nice dinner or a special gift to yourself or a loved one.
- You’ll sleep better, alcohol interrupts our normal sleeping pattern, so give it a couple of days, and you will sleep so much better.
- You’ll have more energy, if you sleep better, you’ll have more energy the next day. Not only that, better sleep improves mood, concentration, and mental performance, making you more productive and alert for your daily routine. (Not to mention you’ll have more time to do things if you’re not in bed suffering from a hangover)
- You will lose some weight, (if you need to) alcohol is high in calories and actually mobilises insulin, a fat-storing hormone, which can lead to the production of fat cells around the middle, so cutting down can actually make weight loss easier because alcohol contributes to weight gain by reducing your metabolism, as the body breaks down alcohol first, so fats and sugars are burnt off slower.
- Your skin appearance will improve, within just a few days you will notice your skin looking and feeling better than it has in a long time. That’s because alcohol is a diuretic which makes you go to the loo more often, which leads to dehydration which can cause dry skin amongst other things, plus your body can absorb more vitamin A, increasing cell turnover, which keeps skin looking healthier and younger.
I believe when you take some time out from drinking alcohol, whether one day, one week, or more, you start to build a true confident sober you!
It shows your mind and body that you can be sober and enjoy your life without a glass in your hand!
If you chose to go back to drinking, my suggestion is to try my 7 Days To Drink Less program that shows you how to have a healthier relationship with yourself before you drink.
The domino effect is you don’t need to drink as much or as often.
There are so many benefits of going sober for a month!
There are amazing benefits of choosing to drink when you want to drink rather than the feeling of ‘I’ve gotta have that drink’ moment.
So going sober for a month can be the perfect ‘reset’ button to get you into a healthier mindset about alcohol and more importantly your life!